Who We Are
A friendly social club with dart boards, snooker and pool tables and juke box. Regular clubs and societies. New members welcome. Available for hire.
In 1949, forty ex servicemen met at the village hall and agreed to form St Leonards & St Ives Ex Services Club. Each person paid one shilling each and the £2.00 raised became the starting capital. The grounds were donated by the parents of Squadron Leader Dennis Beck, who sadly was killed in action during the Second World War.
St Leonards & St Ives Club was built by volunteers and on Easter Sunday 1954, the Club was opened by Col. E. G. St Aubyn the Chairman of the Welcome Home Fund.
St Ives Club as it is known to locals, has been added to over the years and members are no longer exclusively ex service personnel; however we do like to keep the founding spirit alive and we support Help For Heroes and the Royal British Legion.